You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

esim on iPad Air 3rd gen via iPhone 11 ?

I have an iPad Air 3rd feb wi if only and an iPhone 11. I know I can’t use esim with the iPad on its own but would it work via my phones connection if I installed esim on the phone ?

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 2:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 2:49 AM

An iPad, regardless of model, can access and use a mobile phone’s hotspot - or a Cellular Broadband Router (a.k.a., MiFi).

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

WiFi+Cellular models of iPad can also access Cellular networks using a physical DataSIM or, for recents models, an eSIM.

Set up cellular service on iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular models) - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2023 2:49 AM in response to Hoggymyers

An iPad, regardless of model, can access and use a mobile phone’s hotspot - or a Cellular Broadband Router (a.k.a., MiFi).

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

WiFi+Cellular models of iPad can also access Cellular networks using a physical DataSIM or, for recents models, an eSIM.

Set up cellular service on iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular models) - Apple Support

esim on iPad Air 3rd gen via iPhone 11 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.