You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Right-Click Button Freezes After Exiting Sleep Mode.

My problem seems related to the previous (closed) thread here - Mousepad and mouse freezes after sleeping… - Apple Community

Problem:

• MacOS enters Sleep Mode due to inactivity.
  • I exit the Sleep Mode
  • I found that I am unable to use Left-Click on my mouse, as the Right-Click is 'stuck' constantly.
  • Only option is to shutdown/restart.

Using MacMini M1.

MacOS - Ventura 15.3

I have tried:

• Resetting the SMC
  • Booting into Safe Mode

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 2:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 12:48 PM

No fix available..

I turned off Bluetooth, then back on. It's then I discovered it was an old mouse silently connecting to my Mac (without the usual notification on screen!)

12 replies

Aug 13, 2023 2:37 AM in response to D M K

D M K wrote:

My problem seems related to the previous (closed) thread here - Mousepad and mouse freezes after sleeping… - Apple Community

Although your link above, seems related to your question.

It is unclear if that person using a M1 MacBook Air was using the Builtin Trackpad or an external Mouse

Problem:
MacOS enters Sleep Mode due to inactivity.
• I exit the Sleep Mode
• I found that I am unable to use Left-Click on my mouse, as the Right-Click is 'stuck' constantly.
• Only option is to shutdown/restart.
Using MacMini M1.
MacOS - Ventura 15.3

As this machine Does Not have a Builtin Mouse or Trackpad it begs the question exactly what device is behaving this way and causing this computer issue ?

Perhaps a typo which does happen from time to time " MacOS - Ventura 15.3 "

The current version of Ventura is now 13.5

About the security content of macOS Ventura 13.5 - Apple Support (CA)

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

I have tried:
Resetting the SMC
• Booting into Safe Mode

Lastly, the Apple Silicon computer does not have a System Management Controller ( SMC )

The closed one can get to performing an SMC reset on Apple Silicon computer is to Shutdown and pause about 10 - 15 Seconds and then restart the computer

Aug 13, 2023 3:03 AM in response to D M K

D M K wrote:

Hi.
Sorry, MacOS 13.5 1. of course.

No, Third-party USB Mouse.
2. Connected through the USB hub on my DELL monitor.
I have an Apple TrackPad also, but connecting this after, only replicates the issue (right-click only works).

That would be a good place to start and try using another USB Mouse Directly connected to the Computer

Aug 13, 2023 3:03 AM in response to D M K

D M K wrote:

Hi.
Sorry, MacOS 13.5 1. of course.

No, Third-party USB Mouse.
2. Connected through the USB hub on my DELL monitor.
I have an Apple TrackPad also, but connecting this after, only replicates the issue (right-click only works).

In that case the first thing I would try is connecting the mouse directly into your Mac mini if you can't connect it using Bluetooth.

Right-Click Button Freezes After Exiting Sleep Mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.