You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding My Beats Fit Pro when lost?

I have had conflicting answers from Apple Support on this issue and have done more research. It turns out that the Apple Find My App will NOT locate lost Beats Fit Pro ear buds if they are in the charging case when closed. The App will only tell you the last location when the ear buds were out of the case or in the case with the lid open. Since lost ear buds are most likely to be the result of the charging case with the buds inside falling out of your pocket or being left behind somewhere, it seems the Find My App is of little use other than if you left the buds themselves on the counter somewhere. Also, you can't register the ear buds as lost using the Find My App. This needs to be fixed in my opinion.

Beats

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 5:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 7:18 AM

I understand the problems, but the fact remains that you can't find you lost Beats Fit Pro when they are in the closed charging case which is the most frequent situation

3 replies

Aug 13, 2023 7:32 AM in response to wassard

wassard Said:

"Finding My Beats Fit Pro when lost?: I understand the problems, but the fact remains that you can't find you lost Beats Fit Pro when they are in the closed charging case which is the most frequent situation

———-

Copy & Paste Error…

Finding Beats with Find My:

You Can’t. You need to use an Android device to perform this. Unfortunately, Beats App is not an option for an Apple device. Once used, they would be findable:

https://www.beatsbydre.com/mobile-apps

See this Link: Find a Device Using Locate My Beats in the Beats App for Android - Apple Support

Beats Contact Us Info:

Contact the manufacturer, and request assistance with finding a solution. Ask them for some tip on troubleshooting this, and ask if you can get a swapout. They make the product. So, they'd know an upfront answer.

Go Here: Product Help - BEATS SUPPORT - Beats

Aug 10, 2023 6:43 PM in response to wassard

wassard Said:

"Finding My Beats Fit Pro when lost?: [...]Also, you can't register the ear buds as lost using the Find My App. This needs to be fixed in my opinion."

-------

About Beats and Find My:

If Find My was enabled with these, then note that the local shown is based off of the last time the device they were connected to that itself was connected to the internet. This is because Beats are not assigned their own IP Address.

Finding My Beats Fit Pro when lost?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.