You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I use my gift card?

I just bought a new iPad and also got a gift card (special offer) with my purchase. I can’t seem to get it to work on the Apple website to buy actual products like an apple pencil. On the email I received I tapped “redeem gift card” and the money went into some account on appstore. Can i only purchase apps with the gift card?

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 6:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 6:40 AM

This article explains the different kinds of gift cards Apple uses and has links on how to redeem them and what can be purchased with each kind. Click on the link --> What type of gift card do I have? - What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support

This document outlines what you can buy with your Apple ID [Apple Account] balance --> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2023 6:40 AM in response to siri242

This article explains the different kinds of gift cards Apple uses and has links on how to redeem them and what can be purchased with each kind. Click on the link --> What type of gift card do I have? - What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support

This document outlines what you can buy with your Apple ID [Apple Account] balance --> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

Jul 8, 2024 7:36 AM in response to sxtra

Ask Apple why you can't. The people here are just Apple products users like yourself.

Refer to this page for Apple Support features ➔ Contact - Official Apple Support

Select from the presented options until you find a solution for your issue, or see if there is a chat or phone call contact method offered lower on the page (you sometimes have to narrow down the options multiple times before this is shown). If you do not see your issue, keep experimenting with any series of selections until you reach one that offers a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

This page has telephone numbers for contacting Apple for support and service ➔ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Jul 8, 2024 9:59 AM in response to siri242

Had the same issue. This is a very annoying problem. The information in those help links don't help at all. You have to call Apple support 1-800-692-7753 for customer support. Don't use online chat, the online people won't help because they need your credential information and it won't go from online. Tell the customer support your Apple Id and the gift card information. They will request a reset of your account at their end. After receiving an email telling you the problem is fixed, you'll still wait for up to 24 hours to let the gift card can be used.

Why can’t I use my gift card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.