You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stolen

I am financing an iPhone 14 pro max through a small shop in Rialto that sells all sorts of things. I never got around to setting it up with a cellular carrier service myself or did I ever sign into my iCloud account. I do not have the imei information either. I know who stole it and I know the phone is activated , but I do not know through what phone service provider. Legally the phone belongs to me and I would like it back. Is there anything Apple can do to help me obtain it? Or even post the phone as stolen?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 5:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 5:13 PM

Apple does not get involved with lost or stolen phones.

IF....you had set up the phone with a carrier, they could blacklist the phone, insuring that no one could use it. But, that does not appear to be an option here since the phone was not set up with a carrier.

IF....you set up Find My on the phone, you could locate the phone on the Find My map in most cases, but that too appears to be not an option here.

If you know who stole the phone, you could try contacting the police.

Unfortunately, this Apple Support document will not be of much help, but it might have a few tips.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2023 5:13 PM in response to Seravilo00

Apple does not get involved with lost or stolen phones.

IF....you had set up the phone with a carrier, they could blacklist the phone, insuring that no one could use it. But, that does not appear to be an option here since the phone was not set up with a carrier.

IF....you set up Find My on the phone, you could locate the phone on the Find My map in most cases, but that too appears to be not an option here.

If you know who stole the phone, you could try contacting the police.

Unfortunately, this Apple Support document will not be of much help, but it might have a few tips.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

iPhone stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.