You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iwatch apps are not installing

Have A I-watch 5 , upgraded my iPhone 8+ to a 14+ , my apps won’t install on my watch now ? Unpaired/paired it many time plus rebooted but the phone + watch…HELP

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 7:40 PM

5 replies

Jul 31, 2023 2:53 PM in response to Mboccio

Hi Mboccio,

We'll be glad to assist with installing apps on your Apple Watch. For us to provide a definitive answer, we would need to know what's happening when you attempt to install the applications.

Aside from that, you should be able to install apps on your Apple Watch following the steps in Download apps on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"Get apps with the iPhone that's paired with the Apple Watch

1. On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
  2. Tap the My Watch tab.
  3. Scroll to the app that you want to add. Apps that you can install appear in the Available Apps section.
  4. To add an app to your watch, tap Install."

Cheers.

Jul 31, 2023 6:31 PM in response to Mboccio

Hi Mboccio,

We appreciate the screenshot and we recommend making sure you're connected to Wi-Fi and then trying to download the apps again to see if the issue persists. Here's how if needed: Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

"Connect to a Wi-Fi network

1. From your Home screen, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Turn on Wi-Fi. Your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.
  3. Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join. Before you can join the network, you might be asked to enter the network's password or agree to terms and conditions.

After you join the network, you'll see a blue checkmark  next to the network and the connected Wi-Fi icon  in the upper corner of your display. If you don't know the password to the Wi-Fi network, contact your network administrator."

Take care.

Aug 1, 2023 1:03 AM in response to Jeff_888

Not trying to be rude but your not reading or looking at the photo I sent… The apps are already downloaded , of course I know how to connect to MY wifi ( the photo was taken out on the roadway when I read your message) is’nt a new I-watch I had it paired and working fine for years off my iPhone 8 plus I upgraded over the weekend to the 14plus and I cannot get the apps to go back onto the watch from the phone “BACKUP “

iwatch apps are not installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.