You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard no longer works with MacMini M2 Ventura

Purchased a new Mac Mini M2. Was working with it fine until a couple of days later and the keyboard stopped working. The new computer is useless without a working keyboard. It is not Bluetooth. Model # A1243. Are there any keyboards that will work with Ventura?

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 11:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 11:32 AM

The Apple Magic Keyboard will work fine.

15 replies

Oct 10, 2023 3:27 PM in response to ReneSvendsen

Rene -- I've gone thru my notes and I don't find anything that points to the actual problem. However, I did do updates to Ventura which had a couple updates, the last being 13.5.2. The issue was probably fixed with one of those. However, you have moved on from Ventura so I don't know what the fix should be.

I found this link to some suggestions: If your Mac doesn’t respond to key presses - Apple Support

I hope it helps!

Aug 1, 2023 8:29 AM in response to supercondr

Initially the old Mac keyboard did work. But all of a sudden it stopped working. I think there was an update to the new Mac Mini M2. I went online to see an answer that, yes, there was an update and Apple is working on the keyboard issue. My husband ordered an Omoton wireless keyboard for about $30 and it should work fine with Bluetooth. Also, a mouse is on its way.

I had my two Mac Minis connected with a HDMI USB KVM Switch. The old one is 2011. It was working, but using Migration Assistant wasn't. The reason, is that there is a switch to access only one computer at a time. We are in a rural area of Florida and the wifi is poor.

I have a Macbook, and have had about three other Macs, but they are dust now.

Thank you for reaching out!

Oct 10, 2023 6:05 AM in response to ReneSvendsen

Hi Rene, I wasn't able to fix the Omotron keyboard to my liking. Some keys I have always used on the Mac would not work on the Omotron keyboard. I switched back to the Mac keyboard and Bluetooth and checked settings. I think it was probably a setting there that also had an issue.

Under System Settings, there is a Keyboard selection. Someone on this site suggested to me, which I don't remember now. I will look back and see if if I can find it for you.

Also, there has been System updates, so check on that.

Keyboard no longer works with MacMini M2 Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.