You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My XR iphone does not have a pin hole to remove the sim card

I need to replace my sim card on my iPhone XR. It doesn't have a pin hole to access the sim card. How can I replace it?

iPhone XR, 16

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 1:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 3:46 PM

GrandlakeSwede wrote:

I need to replace my sim card on my iPhone XR. It doesn't have a pin hole to access the sim card. How can I replace it?

As stated in the reply above, it has a SIM hole.

Here is how to: Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies

Jul 28, 2023 3:40 PM in response to GrandlakeSwede

Your iPhone XR DOES have a little pin hole (on R lower side) because I have an iPhone XR & have replaced my own sim card in the past !

The pin hole you're looking for is along the right side of the phone towards the bottom (bottom = where the lightening cable for charging gets plugged in)

If you have original box for your phone, look among the few printed instruction inside box and you may find that little ‘Sim tool’ that is supposed to be included . If that is missing, then the end of small paper clip or a sewing needle can be used (even an earring post)Then insert into the tiny hole one of the items mentioned slowly pushing inward & the sim tray should pop open.

I think I may have used one of those tiny eyeglass tools (has to fit into the little pinhole) and had a successful Sim card exchange! Good luck & hope what I shared of my experience will be useful for you 😊

My XR iphone does not have a pin hole to remove the sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.