You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting a different charging case to my AirPods pro

Lost my original case to my AirPods Pro 2nd Gen. Purchased a used empty charging case and cannot sync my AirPods to the new case or connect them to my IPhone

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 7:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2024 11:47 AM

I tried to follow these instructions. I bought a used one from a person that lost their ear phones. When I put my airbuds in the charger I bought, it flashes amber, but no white light to show connection. I asked the seller if they had removed the device from their phone. They said it's not connected. Showed me a screenshot and it's not connected. Not sure what's going on.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 23, 2024 11:47 AM in response to genieen16

I tried to follow these instructions. I bought a used one from a person that lost their ear phones. When I put my airbuds in the charger I bought, it flashes amber, but no white light to show connection. I asked the seller if they had removed the device from their phone. They said it's not connected. Showed me a screenshot and it's not connected. Not sure what's going on.

Jul 26, 2023 2:30 PM in response to BrianCreates

Greetings BrianCreates,

It looks like you joined the Apple Support Communities from the following page: If an item or device is connected to another Apple ID - Apple Support. That is an excellent starting point when checking to see if a device is connected to another device or Apple ID. However, in your case, we'll want to set up the AirPods with the new/replacement case. Here are the steps to complete this action: Set up your replacement AirPods or charging case - Apple Support.

Set up your AirPods or charging case

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the Information button  next to your AirPods.
2. Tap Forget This Device.
3. Tap Forget Device, and tap again to confirm.
4. Put both AirPods in your charging case.
5. Open the lid and check the status light. It should flash amber.
6. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for a few seconds. The status light should flash white.*
7. Go to the Home Screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
8. Open the case—with your AirPods inside—and hold it next to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. A setup animation appears on your screen.
9. Tap Connect, then tap Done.

We hope this information helps you out.

Kind regards!

Connecting a different charging case to my AirPods pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.