You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iMessage show my primary number twice and my secondary number isn’t listed?

I am using one physical sim card as my secondary and an esim as a primary. On iMessage my primary number is displayed twice while my secondary ain’t

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 9:50 AM

Hi there PaulBony,

You'll want to start by making sure you have both phone numbers selected to use with iMessage and FaceTime in your cellular settings:

Set your default number
Choose a number to use when you call or send a message to someone who isn't in your Contacts app. Choose which cellular plans you want to use for iMessage and FaceTime. You can choose either or both numbers.
On this screen, choose a number to be your default, or you can choose which number is to be used only for cellular data. Your other number will be your default. If you want your iPhone to use cellular data from both plans, depending on coverage and availability, turn on Allow Cellular Data Switching.

Learn more about how that works here: Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

Ultimately, if you need further assistance with this, you'll want to reach out to your wireless carrier directly. They're best-equipped to provide some additional guidance.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2023 9:50 AM in response to PaulBony

Hi there PaulBony,

You'll want to start by making sure you have both phone numbers selected to use with iMessage and FaceTime in your cellular settings:

Set your default number
Choose a number to use when you call or send a message to someone who isn't in your Contacts app. Choose which cellular plans you want to use for iMessage and FaceTime. You can choose either or both numbers.
On this screen, choose a number to be your default, or you can choose which number is to be used only for cellular data. Your other number will be your default. If you want your iPhone to use cellular data from both plans, depending on coverage and availability, turn on Allow Cellular Data Switching.

Learn more about how that works here: Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

Ultimately, if you need further assistance with this, you'll want to reach out to your wireless carrier directly. They're best-equipped to provide some additional guidance.

Take care!

Why does my iMessage show my primary number twice and my secondary number isn’t listed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.