You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot Apple ID password

I think I’m locked out of my account. I absolutely can’t remember my Apple ID password. I had my wife’s phone as my recovery person/phone but when I go that route to recover my Apple ID password she gets the error message. I’ve tried everything including calling Apple. Do I really have to wait all this time to get my password & gain use to my brand new phone? It’s like a 10 day wait.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 9:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 10:24 AM

It sounds like you are using account recovery.

From: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer." - see the document for more details.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2023 10:24 AM in response to JosephLane321

It sounds like you are using account recovery.

From: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer." - see the document for more details.

Jul 25, 2023 10:43 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks for the reply: It did give me the credit card option but that card is long gone & it’s expired so they probably wouldn’t be able to authorize it. I can get the code from email & email also just asks for credit card info or again says it can send yet another code & I end up going in circles. This all occurred because I changed my password on iphone13 & obviously forgot it just the day before I received a new iPhone 14 pro max. Im afraid after all these days waiting something won’t go right & I’ll be told to wait again. It’s not my fault recovery code isn’t working on ANY of my wife’s devices. We get an error every single time on her 13pro max & her older apple device too. Im new to Apple & although this is for security it seems extremely excessive & there should be another way or shorter waiting period. In the meantime I have to use the new phone for texting/calling & the old one for everything else….it’s basically a small tablet. You can’t access apps or do really anything without that info. Apple, please find a faster yet equally safe way to gain excess to our Apple ID passwords. I can think of numerous ways of validating who I am. Facebook can verify using drivers license. I realize that’s not secure enough but I’m not exactly sure how waiting 13 days is secure. A thief will simply wait just as I am having to do.

Forgot Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.