You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HIDE My EMAIL,Is it possible to create your own “hide my email” user name? First, I did not know that ICloud would generate this new feature without my permission. Some of the new user names seem to be on a personal level. Thank you

Repeat from above. My question is, does ICloud automatically change your email to a hide my email. I never asked for this feature. I’m positive that the “random” email feature knows me well. These email addresses seem to target my private conversations. I look forward from the community in helping me.

iPad

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 12:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 7:51 AM

Hide My Email automatically creates a random email address for websites you use it with. You do not need to use Hide my Email if you do not want to. Hide My Email only works if you have the option turned on in Settings and you select the Hide My email option when creating an account on a website

You can manually create addresses if you want to. In Settings you can generate Hide My Email addresses, they are random and unique.

It has absolutely nothing to do with any conversations you had, its a random unique address. Mostly just a jumble of letters. If somehow it matches with something you said in a conversation, its merely a coincidence. You can generate a different address by tapping on "Get New Address", and it will generate a new one.

click here ➜ Set up and use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on all your devices - Apple Support

Also, you need to be paying for iCloud Storage to have access to the option.

Where exactly are you seeing these addresses that use part of your conversations?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2023 7:51 AM in response to NothankU22

Hide My Email automatically creates a random email address for websites you use it with. You do not need to use Hide my Email if you do not want to. Hide My Email only works if you have the option turned on in Settings and you select the Hide My email option when creating an account on a website

You can manually create addresses if you want to. In Settings you can generate Hide My Email addresses, they are random and unique.

It has absolutely nothing to do with any conversations you had, its a random unique address. Mostly just a jumble of letters. If somehow it matches with something you said in a conversation, its merely a coincidence. You can generate a different address by tapping on "Get New Address", and it will generate a new one.

click here ➜ Set up and use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on all your devices - Apple Support

Also, you need to be paying for iCloud Storage to have access to the option.

Where exactly are you seeing these addresses that use part of your conversations?

HIDE My EMAIL,Is it possible to create your own “hide my email” user name? First, I did not know that ICloud would generate this new feature without my permission. Some of the new user names seem to be on a personal level. Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.