You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not working

Have recently signed up to Apple TV using a windows PC. When I try to view a movie it gives me a still image with play free episode, and two play it free options. When I try to get any further it signs me in but goes no further. Help

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 9:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 11:17 AM

Select first episodes from TV shows on Apple TV+ are free to watch as a teaser of sorts. Users still need to sign in using an Apple ID account. Watching more episodes requires linking an Apple TV+ subscription to your Apple ID account. Verify in the site’s Settings (Account Settings)﹥Subscriptions that you indeed have an active Apple TV+ subscription on this account.

For tested playback support on Windows 10 or later, Apple recommends using an up-to-date Chrome (v115 as of now) or Firefox browser (also v115 by chance). Watch Apple TV+ in a web browser - Apple Support

Some other browsers or older versions may not support all the web features that the site will use.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2023 11:17 AM in response to Charlierex1

Select first episodes from TV shows on Apple TV+ are free to watch as a teaser of sorts. Users still need to sign in using an Apple ID account. Watching more episodes requires linking an Apple TV+ subscription to your Apple ID account. Verify in the site’s Settings (Account Settings)﹥Subscriptions that you indeed have an active Apple TV+ subscription on this account.

For tested playback support on Windows 10 or later, Apple recommends using an up-to-date Chrome (v115 as of now) or Firefox browser (also v115 by chance). Watch Apple TV+ in a web browser - Apple Support

Some other browsers or older versions may not support all the web features that the site will use.

Jul 21, 2023 9:06 AM in response to Charlierex1

Sign In or Sign Up

Users will need to be signed in with their (own) Apple ID account that has the Apple TV+ subscription linked to it (either as direct subscriber, or through Family Sharing). Accessing Settings may require confirmation sign-in again in some cases.

I was able to watch the first episode, until I used theaccount for my wifes smart TV upstairs. I thought Apple TV supported multiple devices on one account.

Users can watch Apple TV+ on any of their devices, even with a limited number of simultaneous streams.

Apple TV not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.