You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Easiest way to safely back-up iPhone 14 pro?

What’s the Easiest way to safely back-up iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 2:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 2:16 PM

Opinions vary.

For me, the safest way to back up is to connect the iPhone directly to my Mac using a cable. Not only is this the simplest way to back up, it is also the fastest way to back up, you don't have to worry about the voodoo associated with Wi-Fi.

But, others will likely disagree, especially the users that think a wired connection is just too old fashioned.

The easiest method is different. That would be Wi-Fi backing up to iCloud automatically each day. Not the safest way to back up though in my opinion.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2023 2:16 PM in response to ronkav

Opinions vary.

For me, the safest way to back up is to connect the iPhone directly to my Mac using a cable. Not only is this the simplest way to back up, it is also the fastest way to back up, you don't have to worry about the voodoo associated with Wi-Fi.

But, others will likely disagree, especially the users that think a wired connection is just too old fashioned.

The easiest method is different. That would be Wi-Fi backing up to iCloud automatically each day. Not the safest way to back up though in my opinion.

Jul 16, 2023 2:19 PM in response to ronkav

This method is clearly the easiest for “most” users.

All you have to do is have WiFi and charge your phone on a fairly-regular schedule - generally while you’re sleeping.

All the rest is done for you and it’s ready to restore to anywhere in the world you might find yourself if your phone is ever lost/stolen/broken.

How to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud – Apple Support (AU)

= = = = =

Wired backup to your computer has some definite advantages … and while not “hard” … it DOES require a certain level of self-discipline to actually perform it regularly.

Bob’s point about WiFi voodoo is good; I regularly check to verify that my “automatic” backups actually take place.

Easiest way to safely back-up iPhone 14 pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.