You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a text message and reported it and deleted , can it be recovered on an SE6? it as junk mail, can I retrieve it on my iPhone SA6

I received a text message reported that and deleted it as junk. Can a retrieve it on my SE6?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 2:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 2:56 AM

If you're running iOS 16, you can recover recently deleted text messages:

1. In Messages, tap Edit on the conversations page. If you previously turned Message Filtering on, the Edit button doesn't appear. Instead, tap Filters on the conversations page.
  2. Tap Show Recently Deleted .

3. Choose the conversations with the messages you want to restore, then tap Recover.      

4. Tap Recover Message or Recover [Number] Messages.

If you're running an older iOS version this is not possible unfortunately

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 7, 2023 2:56 AM in response to 2020Phone

If you're running iOS 16, you can recover recently deleted text messages:

1. In Messages, tap Edit on the conversations page. If you previously turned Message Filtering on, the Edit button doesn't appear. Instead, tap Filters on the conversations page.
  2. Tap Show Recently Deleted .

3. Choose the conversations with the messages you want to restore, then tap Recover.      

4. Tap Recover Message or Recover [Number] Messages.

If you're running an older iOS version this is not possible unfortunately

I received a text message and reported it and deleted , can it be recovered on an SE6? it as junk mail, can I retrieve it on my iPhone SA6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.