You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch 7 rebooting several times during the day

Hello,

My Apple watch series 7 started rebooting itself randomly during the day. It happens at least 10 times a day. I noticed it after last update. I’ve tried shutting down both phone and watch, unpairing and repairing watch, wipe out completely my watch and reconnecting it. Nothing works…. Any advice? Thank you :)

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 3:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 3:46 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Apple Watch Series 7 rebooting randomly. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Check for software updates: Ensure that both your iPhone and Apple Watch have the latest software updates installed. New updates often include bug fixes and stability improvements that could potentially address the rebooting issue.

2. Force restart your Apple Watch: Perform a force restart on your Apple Watch by pressing and holding both the side button and digital crown simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. This action can help resolve temporary software glitches that may be causing the rebooting problem.

3. Remove third-party apps: If you have recently installed any third-party apps on your Apple Watch, they could be causing conflicts or instability. Try removing or disabling these apps temporarily to see if the random rebooting issue persists.

4. Reset your Apple Watch: If the problem continues, you can try resetting your Apple Watch to its factory settings. Here's how:

- On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset.

- Choose "Erase All Content and Settings."

- Set up your Apple Watch as new or restore from a backup.

5. Contact Apple Support: If the issue persists even after trying the above steps, it's recommended to reach out to Apple Support directly. They can provide further assistance, diagnose the problem, and help determine if there's a hardware issue with your Apple Watch that requires repair or replacement.

Apple Support can be contacted through the Apple Support website, the Apple Support app on your iPhone, or by scheduling an appointment at an Apple Store or authorized service provider.

I hope these steps help resolve the random rebooting issue with your Apple Watch Series 7.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2023 3:46 AM in response to chaton2411

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Apple Watch Series 7 rebooting randomly. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Check for software updates: Ensure that both your iPhone and Apple Watch have the latest software updates installed. New updates often include bug fixes and stability improvements that could potentially address the rebooting issue.

2. Force restart your Apple Watch: Perform a force restart on your Apple Watch by pressing and holding both the side button and digital crown simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. This action can help resolve temporary software glitches that may be causing the rebooting problem.

3. Remove third-party apps: If you have recently installed any third-party apps on your Apple Watch, they could be causing conflicts or instability. Try removing or disabling these apps temporarily to see if the random rebooting issue persists.

4. Reset your Apple Watch: If the problem continues, you can try resetting your Apple Watch to its factory settings. Here's how:

- On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset.

- Choose "Erase All Content and Settings."

- Set up your Apple Watch as new or restore from a backup.

5. Contact Apple Support: If the issue persists even after trying the above steps, it's recommended to reach out to Apple Support directly. They can provide further assistance, diagnose the problem, and help determine if there's a hardware issue with your Apple Watch that requires repair or replacement.

Apple Support can be contacted through the Apple Support website, the Apple Support app on your iPhone, or by scheduling an appointment at an Apple Store or authorized service provider.

I hope these steps help resolve the random rebooting issue with your Apple Watch Series 7.

Jul 17, 2024 7:45 AM in response to chaton2411

Hi, I had a same problem on my Apple Watch SE2, it was randomly restarting by it self until one day when battery completely went out and I could not turn it on any more, it was not turning on even when it was on charger. Battery health was 97% when I checked it last time.

I decide to change battery and battery replacement brought it back to life. FIXED

Apple watch 7 rebooting several times during the day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.