You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Apple Watch for about 3 years but is connected to another unknown apple id and I dont have a way to get into it how do I do that?

I was wondering how I unlock an activation lock. The people who gave me the Apple Watch never unlocked it even when I tried to reach out and im not sure what to do.

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 4:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 4:58 PM

Apple watch activation lock required Apple ID and a password. If you are not the original owner and don't have Apple ID and password then you can't activate your Apple watch.

Turn off Activation Lock before you send your Apple Watch in for a service, sell it or give it away

Before you send your Apple Watch in for a service, sell it or give it away, you should turn off Activation Lock on your Apple Watch. Just unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone:

1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together. 
  2. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
  3. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.

4.Tap the info button  next to your Apple Watch.

5. Tap Unpair Apple Watch.

For Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) models, tap Remove [Service Provider] Plan. If you're not going to pair with a different Apple Watch or iPhone, you may need to contact your service provider to cancel your mobile subscription.* 

6. Enter your Apple ID password. If you've forgotten your Apple ID password, you can reset it

7. Tap again to confirm. 

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch – Apple Support (AU)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 26, 2023 4:58 PM in response to brisa134

Apple watch activation lock required Apple ID and a password. If you are not the original owner and don't have Apple ID and password then you can't activate your Apple watch.

Turn off Activation Lock before you send your Apple Watch in for a service, sell it or give it away

Before you send your Apple Watch in for a service, sell it or give it away, you should turn off Activation Lock on your Apple Watch. Just unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone:

1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together. 
  2. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
  3. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.

4.Tap the info button  next to your Apple Watch.

5. Tap Unpair Apple Watch.

For Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) models, tap Remove [Service Provider] Plan. If you're not going to pair with a different Apple Watch or iPhone, you may need to contact your service provider to cancel your mobile subscription.* 

6. Enter your Apple ID password. If you've forgotten your Apple ID password, you can reset it

7. Tap again to confirm. 

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch – Apple Support (AU)

I have an Apple Watch for about 3 years but is connected to another unknown apple id and I dont have a way to get into it how do I do that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.