You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old iPad that had so many photos saved that I'm out of storage space. I have transferred all the pics to iCloud.

We have an old iPad (veresion 9.3.5) that has a huge bunch of pics stored. I have copied all of them to iCloud. I read on-line that I should now turn off iCloud on the iPad so that deleting pics on the iPad won't also delete what is stored on iCloud.

On-line the instructions told me to click on the album icon, then choose the library option, etc. No library options show up on the screen. I want to delete all pics and videos stored on the laptop.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 4:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 4:50 PM

On the iPad go to settings - photos to turn off iCloud. You can then safely delete photos off of the iPad.

Similar questions

1 reply

I have an old iPad that had so many photos saved that I'm out of storage space. I have transferred all the pics to iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.