You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install iTunes on MacBook Air?

how to install itunes on macbook air?

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 1:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2024 8:43 PM

Hi

I was trying to reset my mom iPad to factory setting she can't remember the passwold, I can't download iTunes to my MacBook air with SONOMA vision. I took the iPad to my Verizon provider I they can't reset. please help

9 replies

Jun 20, 2023 1:47 PM in response to wesleyfromsauga

You don't.

For Macs running a macOS version that still supports iTunes, it would be built in and not need to be installed.

For recent macOS versions, it has been replaced with the TV app, Music app, and the Finder.

Anything you did with iTunes in the past is now done with one of the 3 apps listed.

What do you need iTunes for exactly?

click here ➜ What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Jun 20, 2023 3:34 PM in response to wesleyfromsauga

wesleyfromsauga wrote:

I would like transfer my iTunes library from old 2013 MacBook Pro to 2023 MacBook Air

There are suggestions on how to do that here:

How to transfer iTunes library to the upd… - Apple Community

(There should have been an Apple Support document with clear, simple instructions on how to do this, but I did not find one.)

Jun 21, 2023 7:52 AM in response to wesleyfromsauga

Copy the iTunes Library.ituneslibrary file from one computer to the other like any other file.

Then hod the option key while opening the music app on the new computer and it will let you point it to a different iTunes Library file. Navigate to where you copied the iTunes Library file it and it will migrate all the music to itself.

You will need to make sure your iTunes Library is portable to transfer it one go.

click here ➜ Make a split library portable - Apple Community

then click here ➜ Move your iTunes library to another computer - Apple Support

How to install iTunes on MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.