You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What will happen if i disable iCloud Drive in iCloud on my iphone?

What are the implications of disabling iCloud Drive on an iPhone? Is iCloud Drive synonymous with all the data on the iPhone such as notes,photos,password keychain, contacts , or does iCloud Drive only store specific files and documents that are saved or imported into it manually by me for example when I import word document/excel into app ''files''? So,is icloud drive only an app on iphone named ''files'' or it is literally the cloud storage and i better not disabling it if i want my data saved in icloud?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 5:31 PM

7 replies

Jun 18, 2023 6:10 PM in response to zkrtkr

I answered your question. It has nothing to do with Files.

It will sync the items that have switches turned on, as I said. That includes iCloud Notes, Photos and passwords and anything else that has a switch turned on. It does not sync contacts, calendars, reminders or Notes that sync to email servers. Those sync to your email server or servers, not to iCloud.

Jun 18, 2023 5:59 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Turning off iCloud Drive in the iCloud settings will only disable the syncing of the ''Files'' app or will it disable the syncing of everything : notes, photos,contacts,passwords?

I don't understand why the icloud drive switch is needed,so I thought iCloud drive = files app since they have the same icons, is that true or not ?

What will happen if i disable iCloud Drive in iCloud on my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.