You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New IPhone

I just bought a new iPhone 11, so now I'll have to. I have a phone number I was wondering if there's anyway I can use the same number on both phones or is there a way I could get a free number for my other phone?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 3:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 3:06 PM

One telephone number applies to exactly one telephone. Your cellular carrier may allow you to move your old number to your new iPhone (while disconnecting the previous phone).

It’s hard to guess why you might desire the same number on two phones. In case this applies, each person, regardless of age, requires her/his own, unique Apple ID.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2023 3:06 PM in response to YouTubeprettygirlrileyy

One telephone number applies to exactly one telephone. Your cellular carrier may allow you to move your old number to your new iPhone (while disconnecting the previous phone).

It’s hard to guess why you might desire the same number on two phones. In case this applies, each person, regardless of age, requires her/his own, unique Apple ID.

Jun 18, 2023 3:07 PM in response to YouTubeprettygirlrileyy

Some mobile carriers allow you to use your number with multiple devices. With these services, you can forward incoming calls automatically to all your devices, including your phone, smartwatch, or tablet. AT&T NumberSync lets you use a compatible device to answer your calls even if your phone is off or not with you.

Your carrier is not going to give you a second line for free.

New IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.