You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 the current version? I keep getting messages saying it should be updated?

Is macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 the current version? I keep getting messages saying it should be updated?

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 4:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 3:49 PM

High Sierra 10.13.6 is the latest version of High Sierra, but not the latest version of macOS that you can run.

MacTracker shows three types of 2013 iMacs:

• iMac (21.5-inch, Early 2013)
  • iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)
  • iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

All can be upgraded as far as macOS Catalina.

Catalina drops support for 32-bit applications, so if you have many of those you want to keep, you may want to stick with High Sierra, or upgrade to Mojave.

How to download macOS - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 15, 2023 3:49 PM in response to thomasfrommanalapan

High Sierra 10.13.6 is the latest version of High Sierra, but not the latest version of macOS that you can run.

MacTracker shows three types of 2013 iMacs:

• iMac (21.5-inch, Early 2013)
  • iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)
  • iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

All can be upgraded as far as macOS Catalina.

Catalina drops support for 32-bit applications, so if you have many of those you want to keep, you may want to stick with High Sierra, or upgrade to Mojave.

How to download macOS - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.