You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you track activity when not wearing Apple Watch?

Hi, I have an Apple Watch and regular track my steps in the activity app. However, sometimes I'd like to wear a normal (not smart) watch. Is there a way to use the activity app when not wearing the watch? For example, it pulls the data from the health app?

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 7:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 12:43 PM

Thanks ace1018. I've read through the article and I already have the fitness app set up, however, when I'm not wearing my watch (and have my phone on me), my activity isn't populating. Do you have any solutions?

7 replies

May 14, 2024 10:36 AM in response to Jooleej

Make suite both devices are updated to latest version of Watch OS and iOS. Do a forced restart of each device. A forced restart is more than just turning the device off and on. Please follow the instructions in the Apple Support articles I linked below. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, please unpair the device, force restart each device and then pair the devices again.

Restart Apple Watch - Apple Support

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Can you track activity when not wearing Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.