You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setup Apple Watch celullar while abroad

Hello,

I'm living in Austria and since my Austrian phone number doesnt support the apple watch, i want to activate my Portuguese one which supports (Vodafone) but when i go to the apple watch settings, says "Apple Watch cannot use cellular while roaming internationally" and I can figure how to resolve it.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on May 29, 2023 11:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2023 12:34 AM

Watch Cellular option requires the same network provider as for the iphone and usually requires a contract. The provider will offer an extension eSIM plan for the Watch for an additional fee. It is unlikely you will get a Watch eSIM activated for a temporary period but contact the providers for the country you are wanting to use it in

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2023 12:34 AM in response to henriqueleote

Watch Cellular option requires the same network provider as for the iphone and usually requires a contract. The provider will offer an extension eSIM plan for the Watch for an additional fee. It is unlikely you will get a Watch eSIM activated for a temporary period but contact the providers for the country you are wanting to use it in

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Setup Apple Watch celullar while abroad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.