You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mail app shows wrong message body

When I have a set of messages that consist of a conversation with replies back and forth, selecting a message to view only works for the first selection. If I then select another message in the conversation, I see the message body from the first selection. This continues until I select a message outside the conversation and then go back to a message that is part of the conversation. (I'm using the term "conversation" rather than "thread" since I do not display messages in threads. Note that this problem only exists on my Mac. On my iPad or iPhone, the messages display properly.

(I tried a popular solution from Linc Davis dated Aug 20, 2014, but it did not solve the problem.)

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 27, 2023 11:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2023 5:56 PM

TedS22 wrote:

When I have a set of messages that consist of a conversation with replies back and forth, selecting a message to view only works for the first selection. If I then select another message in the conversation, I see the message body from the first selection. This continues until I select a message outside the conversation and then go back to a message that is part of the conversation. (I'm using the term "conversation" rather than "thread" since I do not display messages in threads. Note that this problem only exists on my Mac. On my iPad or iPhone, the messages display properly.

(I tried a popular solution from Linc Davis dated Aug 20, 2014, but it did not solve the problem.)

I would verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

if no resolve—

To be proactive you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here:

Feedback - Mail - Apple

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2023 5:56 PM in response to TedS22

TedS22 wrote:

I would verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4

if no resolve—

To be proactive you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here:

Feedback - Mail - Apple

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Mac mail app shows wrong message body

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.