You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade free trial to Apple Music Family?

Hey. I just got a new pair of AirPods pro2 and with them came 6 free months of apple music.

But the family also wants apple music on their devices. Therefore I wanted to upgrade to the family plan, but it seems like it isn't possible to do that without paying the FULL family-price from day 1

my logic tells me that I only should pay for the difference between my free "individual plan" and "family plan" for the first 6 months. ???

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 22, 2023 11:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 12:29 PM

MushinMouse wrote:

Hey. I just got a new pair of AirPods pro2 and with them came 6 free months of apple music.

But the family also wants apple music on their devices. Therefore I wanted to upgrade to the family plan, but it seems like it isn't possible to do that without paying the FULL family-price from day 1

Correct.

my logic tells me that I only should pay for the difference between my free "individual plan" and "family plan" for the first 6 months. ???

No. The free 6 months are only for the Individual plan. They do not extend to the Family Plan. If you want the Family plan, you need to pay for it entirely.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 22, 2023 12:29 PM in response to MushinMouse

MushinMouse wrote:

Correct.

No. The free 6 months are only for the Individual plan. They do not extend to the Family Plan. If you want the Family plan, you need to pay for it entirely.

Upgrade free trial to Apple Music Family?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.