You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time from entering password to desktop shows

Recently my MacBook Pro M2, 2022 OS Ventura 13.2. 1 has been very slow to load up the desktop. It normally would only be a few seconds from I enter the password to desktop showing... now it takes 37 seconds. How can I get it back to a few seconds?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on May 17, 2023 11:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2023 11:53 AM

Try booting into Safe Mode then restart normally. Sometimes that will fix anomalies.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

11 replies

May 17, 2023 1:28 PM in response to Ballinlea

It will present the Desktop faster if it is not cluttered with files and folders. Other than Macintosh HD and my Time Machine drive, I have moved all other files from my Desktop into a form of folder organization within my Documents folder. The time to present the Desktop after entering my password changed to instantly.

I am using Ventura 13.3.1 (a) on an M2 Mac mini Pro with 32GB RAM. Consider updating your operating system now, or wait awhile until 13.4 becomes available, which won't be long now.

Time from entering password to desktop shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.