You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hello! I have mac mini Macmini7,1 with Sierra 10.12.6. I need to install new MacOS, but I don't have any updates in Software Update or App Store. Why and what should I do to get macOS Big Sur for example and install on my mac mini?

hello! I have mac mini Macmini7,1 with Sierra 10.12.6. I need to install new MacOS, but I don't have any updates in Software Update or App Store. Why and what should I do to get macOS Big Sur for example and install on my mac mini?

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 17, 2023 6:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2023 6:35 AM

The 7,1 Mac mini is a Late 2014 model.

see > Identify your Mac mini model - Apple Support

It can be update and run all the way up to macOS 12 Monterey.

see > How to download macOS - Apple Support

However coming from OS X 10.12 Sierra, you should go to 10.13 High Sierra first.

Then choose one of the earlier macOS's like Mojave or Catalina, before moving to Big Sur or Monterey.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2023 6:35 AM in response to Elena_V_56

The 7,1 Mac mini is a Late 2014 model.

see > Identify your Mac mini model - Apple Support

It can be update and run all the way up to macOS 12 Monterey.

see > How to download macOS - Apple Support

However coming from OS X 10.12 Sierra, you should go to 10.13 High Sierra first.

Then choose one of the earlier macOS's like Mojave or Catalina, before moving to Big Sur or Monterey.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.