You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Timestamp off 1 hour when downloading directly from iPhone to mac

I've had this issue of when I download my photos directly from my iPhone to my Mac that the timestamp on the Mac is ahead one hour for every photo, video, etc. I've checked, double checked, tried all the trouble shooting I could find online and nothing is fixing it. It's exactly one hour ahead (For example, I took a photo at 5:01pm PST and when I directly downloaded from my iPhone to my Mac - the timestamp is 6:01pm PST). Please help!

Posted on May 15, 2023 5:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2023 2:41 PM

You can control whether the Mac adjust to DST by selecting a nearby city in your appropriate time zone. For us here in AZ where DST is not observed, Phoenix would be a good choice and the iPhone would not adjust.

Please see: Change Date & Time settings on Mac - Apple Support

And: Change the date and time on iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2023 2:41 PM in response to CNgrl1619

You can control whether the Mac adjust to DST by selecting a nearby city in your appropriate time zone. For us here in AZ where DST is not observed, Phoenix would be a good choice and the iPhone would not adjust.

Please see: Change Date & Time settings on Mac - Apple Support

And: Change the date and time on iPhone - Apple Support

Timestamp off 1 hour when downloading directly from iPhone to mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.