You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where do I go to log into messages on my iPhone?

Where do I go on my iPhone to log into Messages?

Posted on May 13, 2023 4:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 4:46 PM

You do not need to log in to Messages to use it. It will you your cell phone number to send and receive messages. To use iMessage, it can be turned on at Settings > Messages.

You do have the option to use iCloud to sync your messages across devices and also use your Apple ID to send and receive messages. This is useful for devices that do not have cellular capabilities so Messages will still work by using your Apple ID instead of a telephone number. After logging in to iCloud, Messages can be turned on or off to activate these features, it is on by default. Go to Settings and at the top is your Apple ID, after tapping that, choose iCloud to verify this setting.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2023 4:46 PM in response to Noreen Hetro

You do not need to log in to Messages to use it. It will you your cell phone number to send and receive messages. To use iMessage, it can be turned on at Settings > Messages.

You do have the option to use iCloud to sync your messages across devices and also use your Apple ID to send and receive messages. This is useful for devices that do not have cellular capabilities so Messages will still work by using your Apple ID instead of a telephone number. After logging in to iCloud, Messages can be turned on or off to activate these features, it is on by default. Go to Settings and at the top is your Apple ID, after tapping that, choose iCloud to verify this setting.

where do I go to log into messages on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.