You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of the mystery device trying to pair with my Bluetooth?

How do I get rid of the “PR BT 5C9A“ device? It is not my device, but it is showing up on all apple devices and constantly trying to pair with bluetooth. Even shows up on the Apple TV. Please advise. Thanks!

Posted on May 7, 2023 10:41 PM

1 reply

May 8, 2023 4:14 PM in response to jamin928

There's another discussion on a similar topic:

Unknown Bluetooth connection on my phone - Apple Community

Eg: The "Apple Recommended" answer (provided by fireflyer):

"If you see this under "MY DEVICES" you can first see whether it is "connected" or "not connected." Either way, you can tap the blue "i" and then select "Forget This Device" to remove it from the"MY DEVICES" list.

If you see this under "OTHER DEVICES" it is not connected to your phone. This just indicates that there is another Bluetooth device somewhere that is discoverable. It cannot connect to your phone unless you specifically connect it to whatever the device is. Its not unlike seeing many Wi-Fi network names when you open the Wi-Fi menu - they are not connected but your phone detects that they are active."

How do I get rid of the mystery device trying to pair with my Bluetooth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.