You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch is locked, and my iPhone cannot connect with it.

I need to do a hard reset of my Apple Watch which is locked. But my iPhone does not see the watch. This is new and just happened. It’s been working fine for quite some time.

Posted on May 6, 2023 7:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 8:04 AM

First try Force restart your watch i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

Then while the Watch is restarting Force Restart the paired iphone   Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If that does not budge it and it is registered under your iCloud account you can erase  and remove it from your account in Find My or https://icloud.com/find .

Wait for the process to finish, then set up your Apple Watch again. Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support

When asked, you may want to set up as new if normal setup fails or if you have series 1 to 3 watch

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2023 8:04 AM in response to TJMaher

First try Force restart your watch i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

Then while the Watch is restarting Force Restart the paired iphone   Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If that does not budge it and it is registered under your iCloud account you can erase  and remove it from your account in Find My or https://icloud.com/find .

Wait for the process to finish, then set up your Apple Watch again. Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support

When asked, you may want to set up as new if normal setup fails or if you have series 1 to 3 watch

My Apple Watch is locked, and my iPhone cannot connect with it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.