You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding my personal Apple ID for Apple Music to my work phone with a different Apple id

I recently changed my Apple ID on my work phone from my personal Apple ID to a new work ID and in the process lost access to my Apple Music.

is there a way to add my Apple Music family plan back without changing my work phone Apple ID to my personal Apple ID?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on May 2, 2023 6:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 7:01 PM

Greetings ScrapBob!

Yes, you can access your Apple Music family plan on your work phone without changing your Apple ID by following these steps:

1. Open the Apple Music app on your work phone and go to the "For You" tab.
  2. Tap the profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
  3. Select "Sign In" and enter your personal Apple ID and password for your Apple Music family plan.
  4. Once you've signed in, you should be able to access your Apple Music library and playlists.

Keep in mind that if you're part of a family sharing plan, you'll need to make sure that your personal Apple ID is added as a member of the family sharing group. You can do this by going to Settings > [Your Name] > Family Sharing and selecting "Add Family Member." Once you've added your personal Apple ID to the group, you should be able to access your family plan on your work phone.

Also, note that any music you've downloaded to your phone using your previous Apple ID may not be accessible with your new Apple ID. You may need to re-download any previously downloaded music using your personal Apple ID to access it on your work phone.

Hope to of helped,

DX-7

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2023 7:01 PM in response to ScrapBob

Greetings ScrapBob!

Yes, you can access your Apple Music family plan on your work phone without changing your Apple ID by following these steps:

1. Open the Apple Music app on your work phone and go to the "For You" tab.
  2. Tap the profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
  3. Select "Sign In" and enter your personal Apple ID and password for your Apple Music family plan.
  4. Once you've signed in, you should be able to access your Apple Music library and playlists.

Keep in mind that if you're part of a family sharing plan, you'll need to make sure that your personal Apple ID is added as a member of the family sharing group. You can do this by going to Settings > [Your Name] > Family Sharing and selecting "Add Family Member." Once you've added your personal Apple ID to the group, you should be able to access your family plan on your work phone.

Also, note that any music you've downloaded to your phone using your previous Apple ID may not be accessible with your new Apple ID. You may need to re-download any previously downloaded music using your personal Apple ID to access it on your work phone.

Hope to of helped,

DX-7

Adding my personal Apple ID for Apple Music to my work phone with a different Apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.