You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know how to turn off the McAfee's notifications when you don't even have McAffee Installed?

It seems like some sort of phishing attempt. Has anyone had any success in getting rid of this annoying every 60 second notification? If so, I'd be very grateful to hear how you did. I've already tried turning off notification in system settings but because I don't have the aforementioned software installed I can't turn off the notification. Seems my computer has been compromised somehow. Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

MacBook Pro (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 9:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 9:09 PM

Scroll down to the section on removing unwanted push notifications in Safari:

https://www.mcafee.com/support/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS102999&page=shell&shell=article-view

(this applies whether or not McAfee is installed.)

7 replies

Apr 28, 2023 9:18 PM in response to SharonSeraphina

This is a link I found. I followed the directions and have turned off the annoying McAfee Anti Virus notifications in this way, but it also turned off all of my notifications. So it wasn't the solution I was looking for but at least I don't have to see the suspicious notification anymore. Hope this helps others in the same boat I was in.

Apr 28, 2023 9:55 PM in response to SharonSeraphina

SharonSeraphina wrote:

Thank you for your response! I followed the instructions and was able to turn off the notifications. Thank goodness! Not sure if this will be across the board for other notifications as well, so I'll see in the coming days but none the less I'm relived to be free of the annoyance.

Few (no?) website notifications are worth it, so I have removed all, and have disabled the promoting entirely; the allow websites to ask… toggle is disabled. This setting means no more offers to ignore. This toggle is shown in the images shown in the previously-cited McAfee docs.

Does anyone know how to turn off the McAfee's notifications when you don't even have McAffee Installed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.