You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Memoji button for changing Memoji doesn’t work in messages but works in other apps.

I am trying to change my Memoji in messages using the keyboard. However, the three dots next to my most recently used Memojis does not work when I press on it. It also doesn’t work when you press the apps button and scroll along to press the Memoji button with faces on it. I thought it might need an update. So after updating to the latest iOS 16.4.1, I tried again. But alas. No! Please help!

Side Note: I can change the Memoji in other apps just not messages.

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 4:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 5:31 AM

Ok! So after a lot of fiddling around, I found out the reason why it wasn’t working was because I had Downtime turned on in the Screen-time section in Settings. One I disabled this- it turned the Memoji’s change button back on in messages. I hope this helps anybody else who comes across the same issue.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2023 5:31 AM in response to Anonfuture

Ok! So after a lot of fiddling around, I found out the reason why it wasn’t working was because I had Downtime turned on in the Screen-time section in Settings. One I disabled this- it turned the Memoji’s change button back on in messages. I hope this helps anybody else who comes across the same issue.

My Memoji button for changing Memoji doesn’t work in messages but works in other apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.