You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID password is being sent to another email

Hello, I have an iPhone 6 and a few years ago my Apple ID was suddenly changed and I didn't have the password, and every time I tried to change the password, the new password was sent to an email that did not belong to me. I have the purchase invoice and the phone box. I would really appreciate it if you remove the Apple ID from my phone because I have not used it for 4 years and it is useless to me.The desired Apple ID is ****@gmail.com, which is registered on my device and I do not have its password.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 1:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 1:09 PM

Each Apple device is linked/associated with an Apple ID of the person who did the setup.

Activation Lock prevents anyone who is not the owner from using this iPhone.

To unlock the Phone, you need the Apple ID and password of the previous owner, that were used during set up.

So you have to contact the previous owner.

The previous owner has to read -> this Apple article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then the previous owner has to remove the iPhone from his account, see this Apple article:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

Then you can sign in with your own Apple ID.

See the following Apple articles:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to remove Activation Lock -> How to remove Activation Lock – Apple Support (UK)

Read this before you buy a newer iPhone.

You can also contact Apple support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com)

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

See also -> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device

Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2023 1:09 PM in response to asalnazari

Each Apple device is linked/associated with an Apple ID of the person who did the setup.

Activation Lock prevents anyone who is not the owner from using this iPhone.

To unlock the Phone, you need the Apple ID and password of the previous owner, that were used during set up.

So you have to contact the previous owner.

The previous owner has to read -> this Apple article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then the previous owner has to remove the iPhone from his account, see this Apple article:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

Then you can sign in with your own Apple ID.

See the following Apple articles:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to remove Activation Lock -> How to remove Activation Lock – Apple Support (UK)

Read this before you buy a newer iPhone.

You can also contact Apple support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com)

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

See also -> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device

Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device – Apple Support (UK)

Apr 23, 2023 3:32 PM in response to Raicya

So I was the first buyer of this phone, the seller gave me an Apple ID card and I registered the ID and suddenly after 3 years I saw that my Apple ID was changed without my knowledge, I have no access to the person who changed my ID. And I don't know who did this, I can send you the photo of the Apple ID card that was in the box of my phone (the Apple ID with which I started the phone for the first time). And How can I send my documents for further review by Apple?

Apple ID password is being sent to another email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.