You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone passwords disappearing in settings

I know this has been an ongoing question, but has it ever been resolved? Many of my passwords in Settings have disappeared - when I try to login to a site or look them up, the URL, user name, and a hidden [****] pw seem to be there, but the pw will not populate at login nor does it appear when I try to click on it. This is extremely frustrating as I have way too many to memorize. It is forcing me to pay a provider like 1-Password to manage them. Any resolution?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 3:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 12:48 AM

1. Update your device to the latest software version: Software updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements, so it's always a good idea to make sure that your device is running the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. To check for updates, go to "Settings" > "General" > "Software Update."

2. Check your iCloud Keychain settings: iCloud Keychain is a feature that allows you to securely store your passwords and credit card information across all of your devices. Make sure that iCloud Keychain is turned on in your device's settings by going to "Settings" > "Passwords & Accounts" > "Website & App Passwords."

3. Reset your device's settings: Resetting your device's settings can sometimes help to resolve problems with password syncing. This will reset your device's settings to their default values, but will not delete any data or media. To do this, go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset All Settings."

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be a more serious problem with your device's software. In this case, you may want to contact Apple Support or visit an authorized service provider for further assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2023 12:48 AM in response to NjmCell

1. Update your device to the latest software version: Software updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements, so it's always a good idea to make sure that your device is running the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. To check for updates, go to "Settings" > "General" > "Software Update."

2. Check your iCloud Keychain settings: iCloud Keychain is a feature that allows you to securely store your passwords and credit card information across all of your devices. Make sure that iCloud Keychain is turned on in your device's settings by going to "Settings" > "Passwords & Accounts" > "Website & App Passwords."

3. Reset your device's settings: Resetting your device's settings can sometimes help to resolve problems with password syncing. This will reset your device's settings to their default values, but will not delete any data or media. To do this, go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset All Settings."

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be a more serious problem with your device's software. In this case, you may want to contact Apple Support or visit an authorized service provider for further assistance.

Iphone passwords disappearing in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.