You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appointment to get Apple Watch Series 4 battery replacement

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 1:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 1:50 PM

To make a Genius Bar appointment, see:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

For repair & service, you may also want to see::

watch Repair - Official Apple Support

watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

2 replies

Jul 11, 2023 11:42 AM in response to mcturner4

They will not replace the Apple Watch battery unless your Battery Health is less than 80%. I have been trying to get this done both through my local Apple Story and also with the AppleCare Service. My Series 4 is way out of warranty and I am willing to pay the $79 for the service, but Apple refuses to consider this unless the Battery Health is less than 80%. I am a chemist and understand the Li-ion battery. After a certain number of charge/discharge cycles, it will no longer function effectively. The Battery Health algorithm, in my opinion is just there to protect Apple and give them a reason not to allow battery replacement. I will be looking into doing the replacement myself as Apple is not giving me any satisfaction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.