You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration assistant

iMac - Ventura

Successfully erased and reinstalled Ventura 13.3.1. Working just great!

I reinstalled my files using Manual backup on icloud and external drive because somethings in my system were corrupt and Mac was very slow. Concern that the Time Machine Backups would transfer the corruption to the reinstalled system.

I forgot to backup DayOne Classic - Journal.

Lost all previous entries.

I could migrate the applications from the latest Time Machine Backup of old system, but am afraid to do so.

Is it true that only applications that are compatible with Ventura would migrate over?

There were some outdated applications on the OS that I erased.

Advice? Will I risk corrupting my reinstalled Ventura if I migrate all the applications from the old OS over?

Thank you!

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 7:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 10:36 AM

See this article -- it explains where the Day One files are located.

https://dayoneapp.com/guides/day-one-sync/where-is-my-data-stored/

You can try doing a manual/Finder copy from your Time Machine backup (you can copy files manually from a Time Machine backup) to see if that restores your journal on the new system.

Note that the developer says the Classic version is no longer supported and was retired back in 2016. It might not be fully compatible with Ventura.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 16, 2023 10:36 AM in response to CA10_46

See this article -- it explains where the Day One files are located.

https://dayoneapp.com/guides/day-one-sync/where-is-my-data-stored/

You can try doing a manual/Finder copy from your Time Machine backup (you can copy files manually from a Time Machine backup) to see if that restores your journal on the new system.

Note that the developer says the Classic version is no longer supported and was retired back in 2016. It might not be fully compatible with Ventura.

Migration assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.