You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not see where to update Safari on my older MacOS- see nothing in Preferences under general

Have Safari but do not see where to get update on it.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 8:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 8:26 PM

debwittich Said:

"Have Safari but do not see where to get update on it."

-------

Updating Safari:

Do as instated here: Update to the Latest Version of Safari - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 15, 2023 8:30 PM in response to debwittich

Safari is usually updated when the macOS is updated. From time to time Apple will release a Safari specific update that would be accessed in System Preferences > Software Update. If you do not see any updates listed there, then you can assume that there are none to be had.

If your Mac cannot upgrade the OS to something newer, then there is no Safari update available for you at this time.

If you are having trouble connecting to websites with your older version of Safari, you probably just need to try it with a newer third party browser that is still being updated.

I suggest you take a look at Firefox browser or Brave browser

I do not see where to update Safari on my older MacOS- see nothing in Preferences under general

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.