You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV use overseas

I have a US Apple TV / Itunes / Apple ID account and access my library both purchased and home movies content overseas with no problems on my Macs and on my iphones. If I purchase an apple TV 4K in UK and enter my US ID will I find any issues accessing my library or my Disney + account? Apple are non-committal and keep wanting me to screw up my Apple ID moving it to a foreign country which I have been advised in US apple store not to do. As I say I have no problems on my Macs or Iphones though my Disney+ says looks like you are traveling and you will only see local UK content but I only use it for Mandalorian at present so all good. Disney+ does not like VPN's. (Interestingly you cannot pay them when overseas - maybe Bob Iger will fix that.) Want to double check before I get one on Friday. Do not play games, do not want stream Apple TV content other than my purchased movies and TV shows. Thanks

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 2:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 2:37 AM

If it works for your other Apple devices, then it should works similarly for the Apple TV box. There is nothing inherently different for this device regarding geolocations and content.

Your use of the iTunes Store movies and related Apple media services, and access to the App Store, follows the country setting of your Apple ID account. You can’t get UK-only apps or movies with a US account. The payment method will also need to match the country setting of your Apple ID account (US issued cards, USD currency for US accounts): e.g. UK Apple Gift Cards (GBP) wouldn’t be redeemable for US accounts.

Your use of Disney+ in other countries follows the Disney+ policy, regardless of device. Apple doesn’t regulate any of that. Can I use Disney+ outside of my home country/region? - Disney+ Help Center. Disney+ may have slight differences in their catalog in other countries.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 13, 2023 2:37 AM in response to RichHI

If it works for your other Apple devices, then it should works similarly for the Apple TV box. There is nothing inherently different for this device regarding geolocations and content.

Your use of the iTunes Store movies and related Apple media services, and access to the App Store, follows the country setting of your Apple ID account. You can’t get UK-only apps or movies with a US account. The payment method will also need to match the country setting of your Apple ID account (US issued cards, USD currency for US accounts): e.g. UK Apple Gift Cards (GBP) wouldn’t be redeemable for US accounts.

Your use of Disney+ in other countries follows the Disney+ policy, regardless of device. Apple doesn’t regulate any of that. Can I use Disney+ outside of my home country/region? - Disney+ Help Center. Disney+ may have slight differences in their catalog in other countries.

Apr 13, 2023 3:23 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks that is what I thought. So off to London Apple Store tomorrow to buy one. I have a huge library of movies and TV shows that I initially bought for long haul flights as I travel extensively. It will be great to watch them on TV with remote and not have to connect laptop with HDMI adaptor. This is great news. Thanks very much for replying.

Apple TV use overseas

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.