You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I be reached on my Apple Watch at a different number as my iphone? Can both numbers reach my Apple Watch?

I have a different esim number on my watch as compared to my phone. Can someone reach me at either number on my watch?

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 7:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 9:02 AM

Your network provider will always assign a number to your Apple Watch SIM. In a properly set up system that number is only used for engineering and administration, the system maps it onto the host iPhone’s number. This means calls from your Apple Watch should be using the iPhone number, and calls to your iPhone will also ring on your watch.

The number assigned to your Apple Watch’s SIM is usually blocked at network level and does not make or originate this own calls.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 9, 2023 9:02 AM in response to Tim1920

Your network provider will always assign a number to your Apple Watch SIM. In a properly set up system that number is only used for engineering and administration, the system maps it onto the host iPhone’s number. This means calls from your Apple Watch should be using the iPhone number, and calls to your iPhone will also ring on your watch.

The number assigned to your Apple Watch’s SIM is usually blocked at network level and does not make or originate this own calls.

Can I be reached on my Apple Watch at a different number as my iphone? Can both numbers reach my Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.