You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I create a PDF using Quick Actions?

When I select two .HEIC files to either convert them to an acceptable image format like a JPEG or PNG, or in this case, combine them to make a PDF, I get an error, "There was a problem running this action".

Was working fine until this week. I use it to submit assignments to college, it's a pain to find a file conversion website every time.

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 5:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 6:01 PM

connormars wrote:

When I select two .HEIC files to either convert them to an acceptable image format like a JPEG or PNG, or in this case, combine them to make a PDF, I get an error, "There was a problem running this action".

Was working fine until this week. I use it to submit assignments to college, it's a pain to find a file conversion website every time.

And how about if you do not combine them(?)

You can combine PDF in Preview...

Use Preview to combine PDFs on your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2023 6:01 PM in response to connormars

connormars wrote:

And how about if you do not combine them(?)

You can combine PDF in Preview...

Use Preview to combine PDFs on your Mac - Apple Support

Why can't I create a PDF using Quick Actions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.