You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage says “not delivered” on every message I send, but they are actually being delivered

Every time I’ve tried to send a message on iMessage today, it says “not delivered” but then the person I’m messaging responds to my message, so they are actually getting my messages. I’m running iOS 16.3.1 on an iPhone 14 Pro Max

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 10:05 PM

1 reply

Apr 6, 2023 11:24 PM in response to lowthunder7

It would be better if you can please re-post with a screenshot, in order to understand the phenomenon better. Images/pictures speak louder than words. 

Please understand this is a public forum: While attaching a Screenshot, do not provide any personal credentials, such as IP address, Card detail, email id, apple id, IMEI number, Serial Number, Phone number, Order ID, if you are sharing a map ensure your location is not identifiable, etc.

If your iMessage says "not delivered" on every message you send, but the messages are actually being delivered, there are two possible explanations for this:

1. Unstable internet connection: This can cause the messages to fail to send correctly, and the "not delivered" error message may appear. Ensure that your internet connection is stable and strong before attempting to send any messages.
  2. Message settings: Toggle on "Send as SMS" that will send messages even if you do not have internet connection

Lastly does the Undelivered status message remain the same? Does it not change to "Read" or "Delivered".

Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device: iPhone
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

iMessage says “not delivered” on every message I send, but they are actually being delivered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.