You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Website emails default to gmail

Is there a way in settings to select a default email account? I have a gmail address and an email through my internet provider. Whenever I use the “contact us” option on a website, the website’s reply goes to my gmail account (which I don’t use). I’ve stomped around in ipad settings, but can’t find anything. I’m not terribly keen on how all this works, but it seems to me there has to be some setting that’s linking my gmail to these random website’s “contact us” option, so I should be able to direct that link to the email I choose??? Hope I made this clear enough to understand the problem and what I’m asking.

iPad Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 2:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 3:12 PM

Insofar as setting a default email account for composing an email, your preferred account of those configured to send or receive email can be set from iPad settings:

Settings > Mail > [Composing] Default Account - select your preferred account from the list

As for websites with which you interact with a web browser, you need to be mindful of any autofill settings for the browser that you are using. For Safari, if autofill is enabled, your contact details are derived from your own Contact Card within the Contacts App.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2023 3:12 PM in response to AULaady

Insofar as setting a default email account for composing an email, your preferred account of those configured to send or receive email can be set from iPad settings:

Settings > Mail > [Composing] Default Account - select your preferred account from the list

As for websites with which you interact with a web browser, you need to be mindful of any autofill settings for the browser that you are using. For Safari, if autofill is enabled, your contact details are derived from your own Contact Card within the Contacts App.

Website emails default to gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.