You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to view song data through a Music Library file?

Is it possible to view song data through a Music Library file? For some background to my situation, I deleted some songs that became unavailable and then re added them completely forgetting that my play counts would be deleted as well. I do have time machine so I have Music Library files saved before I did this. Is it possible for me to view the data on these songs through the backups?

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 12:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 12:06 PM

Yes, you can restore a copy of a .musiclibrary package using Time Machine, then hold down option when starting Music to connect to it. If you have iCloud Music Library as part of Apple Music or iTunes Match take your computer offline before opening the old library or it will automatically update to the current ratings and play counts. Close Music and option-start once more to reconnect to your current library once you've made notes.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 3, 2023 12:06 PM in response to meganbd

Yes, you can restore a copy of a .musiclibrary package using Time Machine, then hold down option when starting Music to connect to it. If you have iCloud Music Library as part of Apple Music or iTunes Match take your computer offline before opening the old library or it will automatically update to the current ratings and play counts. Close Music and option-start once more to reconnect to your current library once you've made notes.

tt2

Is it possible to view song data through a Music Library file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.