You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote rehearse presentation shortcut bug

In Keynote (currently v. 12.2.1), choosing Play → Rehearse Slideshow starts the rehearsal from the currently selected slide.

I like keyboard shortcuts, so I assigned one (option-command-R) to the same command through System Settings.

Pressing the shortcut, however, forces the presentation to start from the first slide, which is inconsistent and undesired.

Am I missing something? Why would a keyboard shortcut assigned to a menu command act differently from clicking on the command itself?

Thanks,

Giuseppe

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 12:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 10:52 PM

It turns out that pressing the Option key while executing Play Slideshow, Record Slideshow, or Rehearse Slideshow forces the presentation to start on slide #1, instead of the currently selected one.

Avoiding the option key in the shortcut (e.g. using control-command-R) produces the desired effect, i.e. slideshow rehearsal starts at the current slide.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2023 10:52 PM in response to Gary Scotland

It turns out that pressing the Option key while executing Play Slideshow, Record Slideshow, or Rehearse Slideshow forces the presentation to start on slide #1, instead of the currently selected one.

Avoiding the option key in the shortcut (e.g. using control-command-R) produces the desired effect, i.e. slideshow rehearsal starts at the current slide.

Keynote rehearse presentation shortcut bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.