You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing photos from 2nd computer. Totally safe?

I'm looking for a definitive answer to this question. Can I safely delete all my photos from my new MacBook Air laptop without deleting them from iCloud (or my iMac or my iPhone)?

My laptop is for work only and I'm trying to free up as much space as possible. Of course, I still want to be able to access all my photos on my other devices.

Just want to make sure there is a safe way to do this. I've seen other posts about this, but I feel like I'm still getting some conflicting info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 5:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 5:14 AM

So long as you do not have iCloud Photos enabled on the Air, you can delete. You can, of course, also verify by simply deleting a small number of images and see what happens.

1 reply

Removing photos from 2nd computer. Totally safe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.