You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family share

How do I set up a family share if I don't own an apple device. All the instructions are for Apple devices. Also, I no longer own the device listed as my device but changing it to an android isn't an option they offer.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 8:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 4:43 AM

Apple's wording in its documentation is a bit confusing as regards to Android and Family Sharing:

Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android - Apple Support

"How to start and manage your own family group

When you get an Apple Music family subscription, you can start and manage a family group to share your subscription. Just follow the steps below."

Apparently you can set it up and manage in a very limited context, but not to the degree that you can if you have an Apple device. Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support only lists doing this on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac.

As for your iPhone 6 being listed:

Use the information in this document to check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in --> Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

- Learn which devices appear in your Apple ID device list, how to find your device's details (including if it's a trusted device), and how to remove a device.

- Special section at the end on how to "Permanently remove a device from your account page"

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 16, 2023 4:43 AM in response to elaynewithay

Apple's wording in its documentation is a bit confusing as regards to Android and Family Sharing:

Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android - Apple Support

"How to start and manage your own family group

When you get an Apple Music family subscription, you can start and manage a family group to share your subscription. Just follow the steps below."

Apparently you can set it up and manage in a very limited context, but not to the degree that you can if you have an Apple device. Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support only lists doing this on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac.

As for your iPhone 6 being listed:

Use the information in this document to check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in --> Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

- Learn which devices appear in your Apple ID device list, how to find your device's details (including if it's a trusted device), and how to remove a device.

- Special section at the end on how to "Permanently remove a device from your account page"

Family share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.