You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro M1 Max Randomly Won't Charge with USB C

I have a just opened 2021 MacBook Pro with the M1 Max chip. This has the newest MagSafe charging port. But also charges via USB C. Before this I had the previous generation Intel with no MagSafe.

This problem never occurred on the older model. I have a USB C Hub at my desk which provides power. When I sit, I plug it in. Well, in 2 weeks of using this laptop, twice it has died on me. I didn't realize that the battery is not in a charging state. It doesn't even indicate that it's plugged in. Yet the devices in the hub are working, just no power. If I unplug and plug the cable 2-3 times, it starts charging. But if I don't notice, battery will drain.

Is it just me? The MagSafe cord charges 100% of the time that I connect it.

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 2:43 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 16, 2023 6:00 AM in response to jbhardman

jbhardman wrote:

I have a just opened 2021 MacBook Pro with the M1 Max chip. This has the newest MagSafe charging port. But also charges via USB C. Before this I had the previous generation Intel with no MagSafe.

This problem never occurred on the older model. I have a USB C Hub at my desk which provides power. When I sit, I plug it in. Well, in 2 weeks of using this laptop, twice it has died on me. I didn't realize that the battery is not in a charging state. It doesn't even indicate that it's plugged in. Yet the devices in the hub are working, just no power. If I unplug and plug the cable 2-3 times, it starts charging. But if I don't notice, battery will drain.

Is it just me? The MagSafe cord charges 100% of the time that I connect it.

Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

MacBook Pro M1 Max Randomly Won't Charge with USB C

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.